The goal of the Student Technology Assistant Program (STA program) is to provide exceptional educational and professional development opportunities for our students while improving the level and quality of information technology support services to our campus community.
- Increase opportunities for students to connect theory and practice through "real world" projects and experiences that strengthen the quality of student learning.
- A tiered student employment program offers growth and promotion opportunities for students. Each position tier will receive more responsibility and more training, in addition to higher rates of pay.
- Student employees will have the opportunity to transfer to another program within IT should they express interest.
- Students will also be eligible to continue their work during the summer and receive additional training and experience working on technology projects.
- Come from a variety of majors and academic disciplines.
- Are dependable and trustworthy.
- Are creative and independent.
- Are good problem solvers.
- Help Desk
- Event Support
- Instructional Technology
Check out the job descriptions for the various positions in the navigation bar on the left.
A few tips:
If you are interested in helping repair computer hardware consider applying for a position in User Services.
If you are interested in digital media creation consider applying for a position in Instructional Technology.
If you'd like to be involved in setting up and recording campus events consider applying for a position in Media Services.
To apply for any of these positions, stop by the student employment office and fill out an application. A staff member will contact you to schedule an interview.